What is Sports Premium?
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. It is allocated to schools so that they may develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities that the school already offers. It is also allocated to build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
What can Sports Premium be used for?
- provide staff with professional development, mentoring, training and resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers to enhance or extend current opportunities
- introduce new sports, dance or other activities to encourage more pupils to take up sport and physical activities
- support and involve the least active children by providing targeted activities, and running or extending school sports and holiday clubs
- enter or run more sport competitions
- partner with other schools to run sports activities and clubs
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- encourage pupils to take on leadership or volunteer roles that support sport and physical activity within the school
- provide additional swimming provision targeted to pupils not able to meet the swimming requirements of the national curriculum
- embed physical activity into the school day through active travel to and from school, active playgrounds and active teaching
What Boughton-under-Blean & Dunkirk Primary School use Sports Premium for
You can view our plan for Sports Premium by reading our report below.