What is the PTFA?
Boughton & Dunkirk Primary School has an active ‘parents, teachers and friends association’ (PTFA). Every parent is welcome to join.
We are a friendly, welcoming bunch and are always pleased to welcome new members!
The aims of the school PTFA are:
- To raise vital additional funds for the school
- To organise fun social events for the whole school community
What type of events does the PTFA organise?
Throughout the school year the PTFA organises and runs a number of events including:
- The great BuB fruit run
- The book fair
- The sponsored bounce
- The school disco
- The summer fair
- The Christmas fair
We are also proud to be involved in other local activities such as the school nativity and village lantern parade where we serve refreshments.
What have these activities achieved?
Thanks to the support of our fantastic school community, funds raised have enabled the school to:
- Continue to run our 2 minibuses
- Purchase musical instruments for use in class
- Provide free fruit for every child in school, every day
- Buy parasols to give shade to the playground picnic tables
- Buy a range of sporting equipment
- Support the creation of a ‘sensory garden’ built by some of the children in school
- Fund the building of an outdoor storytelling area for some of the youngest children in school
How do we decide what to spend PTFA funds on?
- Direct requests from the school staff
- The children have their say via the school council (previous requests from them have included: bean bags for the resources room, picnic blankets for the field, stereo and headphones for audiobooks in the library)
- We have applications forms – if you have any ideas these can be obtained from the school office.
How can you get involved?
Being a member of the PTFA involves as much or as little as you like…
We meet once a term in The White Horse in the village to discuss ideas/plans/funding applications
We sometimes meet after school drop-off to plan specific events
Some members are unable to attend meetings but like to volunteer to help at various events
You can contribute ideas for fundraising activities but also ways to spend the funds raised
If you are interested please contact the school office email@example.com who can pass on your details.